Old November 22nd 07, 07:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tim

Default definitely not cyclists

On Nov 22, 5:16 pm, "PeteSig" wrote:
Can't have people riding daggy bicycles just for transport.

All those bikes and not a real cyclist amongst them...

FYI, I'm inching closer [1] toward importing and selling cargo bikes
in the style of the Dutch "bakfiets" (as featured in PeteSig's
postcard from Amsterdam).

http://www.townbikes.com

Very daggy bicycles for unreal cyclists to use just for transport.

Unashamedly built somewhere other than the Netherlands, so I can sell
them for a whole lot less than a genuine Dutch Bakfiets (eg
http://shop.cheekytransport.com.au/s...?idProduct=32).

Also considering the option of old-school upright "city-bikes"...
single-speed with coaster brake, or hub-geared with drums. Chain
guards, mud guards, kick stands. Not compatible with lycra. Again,
priced to suit their target usage, as basic local transport.

Hopefully I'll be able to finalise prices and start taking orders
within a couple of weeks, for the cargo bikes at least.

tim

[1] at glacial pace