Old April 17th 11, 02:55 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default The Bermuda Triangle of Cycling: L.A. to N.Y. to Miami

On Apr 16, 2:27*pm, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:
Top posted deliberately

And I wish you lot would stop cross posting this USA stuff on to
"uk.rec.cycling"

It is to, say the least, a total PIA!

You will note that I have deleted "urc" from the list in this response

--
From
Trevor A Panther
England, United Kingdomwww.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk"Peter Cole" wrote in message

On 4/15/2011 11:20 PM, Bret Cahill wrote:
Texas, on
the other hand, falls in the triangle and many bad things are heard
from there.

Texans might not have the highest cycling rate but the State of Texas
has many thousands of miles of service roads that are almost free of
motorists, at least out side of city limits.

Most of the roads in TX have generous shoulders and/or broad emergency
lanes.

Texans are not generally malicious and will try to avoid striking a
cyclist.

Try to remember, Lance is from Texas.

Yeah, but that's not what he said about riding in Texas, or at least
around Austin.

Bret Cahill

http://tinyurl.com/5veo82u

http://books.google.com/books?id=bx9...ots=slekrz9id5...

The UK is not a full political entity without America. It's tied by
the ocean and some other common interests.

For example, English.