Old July 21st 18, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default Dual valve floor pump only pushes air out the Schrader valve hole

Andre Jute writes:

Buy stuff. Solution #1 in the bicycle world.

Oh, I agree with you; I have nothing but contempt
for bicycle fashion victims. That's why I mention
the SKS Rennkompressor, probably the most
old-fashioned pump still on the market.

Obviously you like things that work, be it new or old,
but be it functionally equivalent, I like the old
things the more, and old stuff (that works) I have
noticed tends to impresse outside people much more.

I really don't know why, maybe they think "here is
a machine that has been used by tons of people who
knows there stuff, and it has been used the right way,
and cared for the right way, so it still works".
With new things, maybe people think "OK, so this is an
item anyone can buy, anyone who does something
successfully enough, something that probably is
something I don't understand or respect".

Or perhaps this is over-analyzing, perhaps people just
like the industrial romantics of the lost industrial
age in our countries.

I have noticed even females like old machines and they
are not the people to be into gear and equipment
otherwise, well the majority of them at least.

--
underground experts exiled