Old January 7th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Stephen Harding

Default If you don't believe in Evolution, then why do you drive an SUV?

The immortal Khan wrote:
"Just A User" wrote in message

donquijote1954 wrote:

No, SUVs (or whatever vehicle you drive) don't run on water. They run
on oil,

Some of them run on corn (ethanol) now.

Kind of a shame that corn, wheat and other bio-ethanol sources are low, with
rapidly escalating prices isn't it...food prices skyrocketting so that folk
can still drive their cars....

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=4328.2580.0.0
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../cncorn113.xml

and so on....

I don't think it's possible to please some Green types with
any sort of technology.

Once H2 fueled vehicles come on line in perhaps 10-15 years,
their by-product of combustion will be water vapor.

Water vapor is much more effective "greenhouse gas" than
CO2.

I think the planet is doomed unless there is mass human
destruction!

Perhaps SUVs are actually doing Earth a favor?

They murder large numbers of other vehicle operators on
the road out of sheer joy of murder. We need even bigger
SUVs so they can take out buses and trains and even taxiing
airliners to eliminate large swaths of humanity in a single
"accident". By converting all our food grains to fuel to
run them, SUVs will destroy more of humanity from starvation
and disease!

Humans, BAD!
SUV, friend of Mother Earth!

SMH