Old November 30th 08, 09:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Michael Press

Default ABELARD AND HELOISE, MODERNIZED! was Ed Dolan the Great & Marika

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

On Nov 30, 1:00*am, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Andre Jute writes: ABELARD AND HELOISE, MODERNIZED!

* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are they something like Harlequin and Columbine?
Or, perhaps, one of my favourite comedy acts --
The Bickersons[*]?

What the heck. *I can just Google it.

I must warn you, Tom, the tale of Abelard and Heloise is not for the
squeamish. First of all there is this sensitive love story, which a
great big manly cyclist might find far, far too soppy. Then there is
the wicked uncle who-- man, this is a newsgroup people's children
might see. If despite this reminder you insist on googling Abelard and
Heloise, don't say I didn't warn you!

Keep your thumbs clear of the bricks.

Andre Jute
All that expensive education -- and I know all about twelfth century
lovers!

cheers,
* * * * Tom

[*] Blanche, in an accusing tone of voice: "You hate my cooking!"
* * John, in a sarcastic tone of voice: "I love your cooking!"
* * Blanche: "Then how come you always get ptomaine poisoning?"

Mark Twain recounts the story of Abelard and Heloise
in The Innocents Abroad, in as well as his soul
wrenching visit to Adam's tomb. [sniff]

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/3176

--
Michael Press