Old December 1st 08, 04:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Default Ed Dolan the Great & Marika

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

"marika" wrote in message

"Michael Press" wrote in message

[...]
John Le Carre is a miserable coot. I read a few of his books:
always misery and suffering and cruelty. Not a laugh in him.

too true too true.

Spy novels never were my favored genre either.

I do not like humor mixed in with drama. It ruins most of Shakespeare for
me. Either do one or the other, but NEVER leaven drama with humor. If you
can't take drama unleavened, then just read comic books like 12 year olds
do.

Comedy makes tragedy more poignant. Remember the film story:
Harry And Tonto?

John Steinbeck came up with some beauties in his Cannery Row
and Tortilla Flats. Not bad, for a non-Irish writer.

Even venerable Homer intermingled a little comedy with
tragedy in his epics, and it worked.

More or less.

Anyways, I think with Marika you've crossed swords with
a Russian dominatrix. I'd watch my step if I were you.

Else you might find yourself being led by the ear to
somwhere you don't wanna go. Note I'm not suggesting
you back down -- perish the thought.

Please do carry on and spend your limited, remaining
hours of life in whatever manner you see fit.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.