Old April 1st 05, 02:30 PM
David Martin

On 1/4/05 2:25 pm, in article ,
"audrey" wrote:

Just spent 10 days visiting Otherhalf's family in rural northern
Ireland. Couldn't take my own bike due to lack of space but got to
borrow his sister's little-used mountain bike. It was about the right
size for me but the big knobbly tyres made for hard going (and my
not-so-subtle hints about changing them were ignored).

I did 22 miles, took me about 3 hours
including stops for drinks and snacks and looking at the view, avg
speed 9 mph.

Otherhalf's family most bemused by my behaviour, and now think I am
slightly mad, but were gratifyingly impressed by my feats of cycling.
I can feel how much fitter I am than when Steph and I started our
weekly rides together - I felt much less stiff the day after my
22-miles-with-hills, than the day after our first ride. And I got
back in time to get some Lidl cycling bargains too.

Thats more than 1/3 of the way towards your target of 100km..

Well done, really inspiring. And your bike will feel sooo much nicer now
with slick tyres etc.

Well done!

...d