Old April 25th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default WHY AN ANDRE JUTE POST IS A JOKE

Andrew Muzi wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
WHY A WATERFORD BIKE IS A JOKE
An investigation consequent on being hounded by American roadies
by Andre Jute

Last year when I was shopping for a low stepover bike, Tom Sherman and
other Americans, touting for business for their own industry,
suggested I look at Waterford Cycles' Godiva model:
http://waterfordbikes.com/now/models.php?Model=655
I looked, shuddered but said thanks politely, and moved on,
eventually buying a German/Dutch crossframe mixte design with historic
roots.
[...]

Godiva? Way too complex.
Nice clean Waterford open track frame:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/wfdopen.html

Since you don't get it,you may as well not get it in a seductively
pretty format with polished stainless lugwork.

YMMV.

What am I missing here? How is the Godiva more complex, other than cable
guide braze-ons?

For value, I think this is much better:
http://www.gunnarbikes.com/crosshairs.php. $1150 for a custom geometry
frame.