Old April 2nd 18, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Help With Choosing 700c Inner Tube

On Sun, 01 Apr 2018 10:04:45 -0500, Tim McNamara
wrote:

Both of those tubes are are a little too skinny for that width of tire
to be ideal. They'll both work with the tire, once you have the valve
choice selected, but the tube will be stretched a little thin and more
vulnerable to more punctures.

One of my tires developed a slow leak that got less and less slow. It
manifested when I was at a convention in the hill towns, and I was
constrained to live on fruit cups from a snack vendor because I dared
not ride my bike into town to buy food. On the way home, I had to
stop at decreasing intervals to pump up the tire. When I got the tire
off, there was an oval of leaks around the valve stem.

My mechanic had assured me that a one-inch tube would stretch to fit
an inch-and-a-quarter tire, and it did -- except at the valve stem.
There, the tube was loose enough to rub against the tire.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net