Old January 8th 18, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Anyone wear a helmet or elbow pads 4 black ice conditions?

On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 22:28:36 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

Just wondering if when it's known that there can be black ice on the roads if anyone here wears a helmet or other protection (such as elbow pads) that they'd not normally wear when the roads are clear. Do you?

For slick roads, my protective gear has a street address. Last time I
had a diversion-type fall, I was hugging a telephone pole every time I
coughed from November into the new year.

Sigh. I took an identical fall in the '80s, and got back on the bike
and finished riding from New York to Indiana.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net