Old December 15th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Default My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

I took the geared 36 out on the bike trail on Saturday for 20
miles(still taking baby steps getting back into the swing of distance
unicycling) and my legs felt great afterwards. It definitely worked out
my legs more, and there was an annoying headwind for some of the ride
(which really affects the g36), but I had NO joint pain. Unicycling
distances has always been associated with some slight leg pain, but
riding this thing has cured that.

I also commuted to work on the geared 36 today(actually first time
commuting to work on a Uni since about 6 months ago due to my knee
injury) and once again it was a thrill! I am not sure of how long it
took me to do the 7.5 miles, but it took me about an hour and 10 minutes
to leave my house, unicycle to work, stash my unicycle in my cubicle,
take a shower, change, and eat breakfast.

A few notes on commuting with it: Shifting is not that hard, BUT I am
scared to shift in traffic, so I am always slow coming out of a traffic
light and it takes me a while before I am comfortable shifting with cars
behind me. It is a much more relaxed commute overall than riding a
geared 29 was or riding an ungeared 36. I am still faster commuting to
work on my road bike, but I think my new geared 36 will be my vehicle of
choice for commuting for a while.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in