Old August 19th 09, 10:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Default Bystolic (Nebivolol)

Donald Munro wrote:
Now all you need is a program that will culminate in you
winning some fatty master training rides again.

Paul B. Anders wrote:
Well, when you come down to it, that's exactly what this is about.
After I went on metoprolol, it took enough of my edge away that guys
who I used to beat could clean my clock, which ****ed me off to no
end. So, I jacked up my training, but I found out that I just didn't
improve that much when I was on that stuff. So, like any whining
cyclist, I'd constantly remind everyone that I was on a beta blocker
and that's why I sucked. Now, if this new one really works, and I
actually was being affected by the old one (probably complete BS),
then I should recover some form, and I can STILL claim to be on a beta
blocker and make the guys I ride with feel even more lame.

This is why I love cycling so much.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Have you considered a course of EPO? That should get you back in fine
form.

Perhaps he can get a TUE for EPO, or failing that he could really make
Magilla's day and get an asthma TUE.