Old March 15th 15, 01:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Default stainless steel chain

Emanuel Berg schreef op 15-3-2015 om 11:45:
I got hold of a stainless steel chain a while back and
the guy said there was no need to oil it because of
the stainlessness. Is that true?

And, when I examine the chain now, the plates are
indeed rust free, but it appears not so the cylinders
in between. Is this common? If so, is it not false
advertising?

They only good property of stainless is that is doesn't rust. Of course
you have to lube the chain. It is common that the cilinders are not
stainless, only the outerplates are stainless. Stainless steel chain is
a waste of money IMO.

Lou