Old September 12th 05, 04:24 PM
Jasper Janssen

Default Bikes and Things Bikes - I'm kind of Ignorant

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:50:09 -0700, FunkyRes wrote:

This bike has been so far - though after the accident last semester (some
lady took a right turn into a driveway right into the bike lane in front
of me, nothing I could do - no exit path on the right, 50 MPH traffic on
the left, I layed the bike down and slammed right into her) I can't get
into granny gear (gear 1 on left shifter) anymore unless I lift the rear
tire off the ground and manually pedal, and sometimes on the right shifter
if I shift from 6 to 7 it makes a horrible sound and I have to go back
down and try again. I suspect though a bike shop could fix that. But I
want something really good that can take some abuse if needed, better than
what I have.

No bike will withstand accidents and just keep going (well, no bike you
want to ride, anyway). The cager should have paid for full repairs to your
bike plus your medical costs.

Jasper