Old November 14th 05, 10:27 PM
Ed Sullivan

Default Colnago Front Derailleur Cable Rubbing on Bottom Bracket

Volker Leimann wrote:
jimbob369 schrieb:
I recently purchase a used Colnago frame constructed back in middle
1990's. I am Campagnolo record front derailleur. The cable is
rubbing on the back of the bottom bracket. I replaced the cable guide
thinking that was the problem. However, that did not correct the
problem.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Buy a piece of thin teflontube maybe 5" long, place the tube at the
cableguide and fixed it with a drop superglue, run the cable through
the tube and the cable work perfect without touching the paint.

Volker

I don't think you really need the super glue. I had a similar issue
with my Colnago and the teflon tube didn't need to be glued or
otherwise attached to the frame and it worked fine.

Cheers,

Ed