Old March 14th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

Default Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

unisk8r wrote:
Scott can answer this best, but I thought the Wallis bases were designed
primarily for road riding. Although, for trials use, they are the
lightest, and the bottom edges are smooth and don't cut your fingers.

As for bolts through the other kind of carbon base (that take a
traditional seatpost), I have always used regular, non-square bolts and
locktited nuts to attach the base to the post, and attach the bumpers.
No rubber shims. I would think that a soft non-brittle plastic would be
a better shim material than rubber. But hey, whatever works!

the whole wallis road relief seat setup is meant primarily for road
riding and distance, but his bases are great for all riding in my
opinion.

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish at gmail dot com
msn: mornish at gmail dot com
'Miles Land' (http://mornish.blogspot.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)
Matt wrote:
Yeah I do, but, I'm lazy you see... it's this disease and uh, I haven't
taken my medication?

http://www.usenet.com