Old December 30th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights[_2_]

Default Longer run time for lights and need some ideas

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 11:05:50 AM UTC-8, Andy wrote:
I wa not real happy with run time with CygoLite-Hotshot-Pro-150-Lumens-LED.
(Even on blink mode)

It has a built in 800 mah LiIon battery.

Made an external battery pack using 18650s with a 5000 mah capacity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux5xmncsyl...ight.jpeg?dl=0

The UltraFire batts are overrated and I have much better ones.

But I want to use them up.

Next project is the make my lights harder to steal.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Andy

800mAH would only be a AAA size.
Panasonic 3400, 2C, measure 35-3700, and cost ~$5 each from liion wholesale
https://liionwholesale.com/collectio...ant=1076987260

Harder to steal? Take it with you.

Overrated capacity claims keeps selling batteries and until the online sellers like Amazon and EBay crack down, the legitimate batteries will keep losing sales to the crooks.