Old December 30th 17, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Longer run time for lights and need some ideas

On 12/29/2017 4:34 PM, Andy wrote:
On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 1:12:54 PM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/29/2017 2:05 PM, Andy wrote:
I wa not real happy with run time with CygoLite-Hotshot-Pro-150-Lumens-LED.
(Even on blink mode)

It has a built in 800 mah LiIon battery.

Made an external battery pack using 18650s with a 5000 mah capacity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux5xmncsyl...ight.jpeg?dl=0

The UltraFire batts are overrated and I have much better ones.

But I want to use them up.

Next project is the make my lights harder to steal.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mine are bolted on. I've never lost one yet.

But gazing at your photo, I'd think fear of electrocution would dissuade
most potential thieves!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Did you have to fabricate it or did the light come with it?

These are dynamo powered lights, designed to bolt on. Most use stock
brackets, but for some of them I did fabricate brackets that better
suited my purposes. Still, most were not sophisticated or difficult. If
I wanted to bolt on a battery light, it wouldn't be tremendously difficult.

For me, a possible motivation would be to avoid clamping the light on my
handlebar. I use handlebar bags on most bikes, so lights on the bars
don't work well. Besides, I prefer the light distribution I get from a
lamp mounted just above the front wheel.

--
- Frank Krygowski