Old March 9th 04, 09:01 AM
pmailkeey

Default Legal Requirements for Braking systems on Trikes/Recumbent Trikes

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 00:14:30 -0000, "Russ"
wrote:

These types of bikes usually have two brakes both on the front wheel to
comply (presumably) with rules on numbers of braking systems. Now I know a
bike has to have two braking systems to be road legal but does anyone know
if the same rules apply to a trike ? I'm proposing to fit a cable operated
disc brake to the front wheel but need to decide how to work the second
brake.

I'm not sure if "pedal cycle" means BIcycle or polycycle, likely the
latter. If so, legality the same.

Anyway, it's your funeral.
--
Comm again, Mike.