Old December 21st 18, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Parents of girl hit by a cyclist count their blessings

On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 8:46:07 AM UTC, wrote:
On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:16:24 PM UTC, wrote:
The cyclist was not blamed for the girl's injuries.

QUOTE:
"She said: "A lot of corners around the road are blind corners. *****Parking on the road obscures the view***** (EMPHASIS MINE), especially at school pick-up time.

"Jessica was just standing with a group of kids and I think what she did was *****just step forward***** (EMPHASIS MINE) (into the road).

When I was at school we were taught by Tufty?? "Look right, look left, look right again. If all clear, quick march!"

I believe it was replaced soon after by the Green Cross Code, which stated the same thing, more or less." LOOK before crossing the roads! Maybe that school needs a visit from the local plod to give a playtime talk?

That said, I did hit and kill a hen pheasant near Thixendale last week, even though I was driving at 20mph. It ran out from the undergrowth and I even though I slammed on my brakes, I could not stop in time. Still, at least it did not get shot by a hunting party in nearby Leavening!