Old December 21st 18, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Parents of girl hit by a cyclist count their blessings

On 21/12/2018 08:46, wrote:
On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:16:24 PM UTC,
wrote:
The cyclist was not blamed for the girl's injuries.

QUOTE: "She said: "A lot of corners around the road are blind
corners. *****Parking on the road obscures the view***** (EMPHASIS
MINE), especially at school pick-up time.

"Jessica was just standing with a group of kids and I think what
she did was *****just step forward***** (EMPHASIS MINE) (into the
road).

When I was at school we were taught by Tufty?? "Look right, look
left, look right again. If all clear, quick march!"

I believe it was replaced soon after by the Green Cross Code, which
stated the same thing, more or less." LOOK before crossing the roads!
Maybe that school needs a visit from the local plod to give a
playtime talk?

It's probably because of the popularity of cars the size of a block of
flats. When a few are abandoned at the roadside, pedestrians don't have
the opportunity to look.

Alternatively those travelling along the road past parked vehicles
should be obliged to do what Nugent does and slow down to 3.5mph.