Old December 27th 18, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg

Default Inconsiderate parking

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 10:17:08 -0000, Tom Evans wrote:

On 26/12/2018 18:05, William Gothberg wrote:
Think this will help? This will be printed off and placed under the
wipers of all the nutters who park on the wrong side of the road:

Side 1, facing outwards for everyone to see:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/koaz45k1yh...e%201.jpg?dl=0

How do you know if it is the Green or the Blue car that has parked
incorrectly on the wrong side of the road?

The diagram is simplified. There are in the street that annoys me most, 5 cars on one side and 1 on the other. It's clear that making 1 park on the other side to his house is better than making 5 park opposite.

I guess the best thing would be to ban all on road parking outside of
specifically designated areas.

I agree - people shouldn't own a car they don't have room for on their own property. I can fit 5 cars in my drive and own 1 (I've owned up to 3 in the past).