Old March 26th 14, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Oh, thank you, helmet zealots!

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 09:21:17 -0400, Duane
wrote:

On 3/25/2014 6:57 AM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:25:16 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/23/2014 11:34 PM, John B. wrote:

As an addendum to my above, don't women normally wear a hat, or other
head covering, when they enter a church? I seem to remember that it
was the practice at one time.

That practice went away long ago. From what I see - which is Roman
Catholic practice - most "church" clothes are almost indistinguishable
from, say, going-to-the-basketball-game clothes.

I was depending largely on very youthful reminiscence and I remember
that my mother always wore a hat to church.

Mine did too but then again the masses were in Latin then. Frank's
right, it ain't like that no more.

I had a good friend who had attended mass in every major cathedral in
Western Europe. He said that when the mass was in Latin he could
follow right along but after they changed to the vernacular they were
incomprehensible.
--
Cheers,

John B.