Old September 10th 03, 11:53 PM
Tim Hall

Default Taking a recumbent trike tandem on the Trans-Pennine Trail?

On 10 Sep 2003 20:36:54 GMT, Richard Corfield
wrote:

In article , Ian wrote:

Would the jockey arm off a rear derailleur, either without the
pantograph or with a fixed pantograph, do the job?

At some stage I seem to have missed which Trike was used, Greenspeed
perhaps?

Yes it was Greenspeed, and I imagine the jockey arm idea could work
well. I wonder if you'd route the chain over both wheels, or just use
one, or if there is a simple solution. I wonder how much effect chain
wear has on it.

My Pino has what sounds like a simliar soltution, used to allow
adjustment of the front boom,so different sized riders can take the
front seat. In this case it's just the arm plus a bit of aluminium
profiled to match the curvature of the tube it's attached to. Chain
wear doesn't seem to be a problem.

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream