Old October 6th 18, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Ghost Shifting

On Thu, 04 Oct 2018 13:59:27 -0700, Joerg wrote:

That is also what I think. Once I let the chain on my MTB accidentally
go to 1% stretch instead of the usual 0.8%. Put on a new chain. It
worked fine for 100mi or so and then started skipping on the smaller
cogs - cassette was shot. New cassette, problem solved. 55 bucks, ouch.

How much would three chains cost?

YMMV, but my solution for this has been to run three chains with each
cluster. Each chain takes a turn at each major clean-up/lube. So the set
of chains and cluster/cassette wears down together.