Old July 27th 03, 03:43 AM
DTJ

Default Do bicycles and cars mix?

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:00:41 -0400, Mitch Haley
wrote:

I've heard it said that building roads to relieve congestion is like
buying looser clothes to cure obesity.

Well if you listen to environmentalists without using any critical
thinking skills, I could see that.

Environmentalidiots say this all the time. What they ignore is the
growth of the population. Our roads do not get busier simply because
we build more roads. They get busier because more people are driving
as more people get their licenses. This is due to growth from births
and from immigration.

It amazes me how stupid their argument is, yet people tend to believe
most things the media tells us without thinking about it. How could
more cars appear simply by building a road? Uh, aren't there people
in those cars? They can't drive on two roads at once...