Old February 18th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.backcountry,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
Bruce Jensen

Default So, what happened to Mikey "Handsaw" V?

On Feb 17, 6:49*pm, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 2/17/2011 6:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

"Bruce *wrote in message
On Feb 17, 8:23 am, *wrote:
On 2/17/2011 7:29 AM, Opus wrote:

On Jan 25, 12:38 am, T m Sherm n _ ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" *wrote:
some stuff

Again I looked for Mikey News and found none, just a note that he's
"Pending trial" with a past-due date. Any updates from those on the
scene? Also I'm looking for something I can attribute for a quote in
my news blog about the trial.

It was a mistrial.

http://peterfrickwright.com/trial/

So now they start over, but the case goes to the back of the line, so it
could be a while.

What was interesting is that it was finally revealed that the defendant
was offered a plea bargain of 120 days in jail and he turned it down.

On the surface it seems like an open and shut case since no one seems to
be denying that the attack took place. But just one sympathetic juror
who believes that the attack was provoked by the mountain bikers riding
on a road signed for no bicycles could cause another mistrial. After a
few mistrials the D.A. will give up.

I like the part about shoving a shank into the tire. *The biker

deserved that much, if for no other reason than being an arrogant
asshole scofflaw.

This whole affair is nothing but a tempest in a teapot. Just to know any
single mountain biker is to detest the entire species. Bruce Jenson is
finally coming around to a correct appraisal of the situation. After all, he
tells us he does NOT drive his jeep off-road, only on roads however
primitive that already exist. He is to be credited with that much common
sense at least.

Hey Ed, I think you are confusing Bruce Jensen and Jeff Strickland.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.- Hide quoted text -

Ed Dolan confuses himself with a human.