Old August 15th 17, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Scope for a clear thinker in cycling: a lesson from the FDA

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:28:04 +1000, James
wrote:

On 15/08/17 06:58, Andre Jute wrote:
480,000 Americans die before their time every year from
smoking-related diseases -- and the stupidity of successive
governments and anti-smoking campaigners and grandstanding,
dim-witted legislators. Now comes Scott Gottlieb, who demonstrates
that he's a clear thinker who hasn't been captured by the hysterics
of control freak Left.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...garette-policy

Why doesn't cycling have a clear thinker like Scott Gottlieb to cut
through the bull**** and define the problem?

Read the article before you make a knee-jerk reflex.

I heard recently that e-cigarettes contain some possibly worse chemicals
than good old fashion cigarettes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety...nic_cigarettes

The Swedes have Snus instead. Best of both worlds.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/sweden-f...10-gwothf.html

Actually "dipping snus" is probably roughly the same as chewing
tobacco as far as danger to the individual. I used to work with snus
users and they seem to be as dependent on it as cigarette smokers. We
had an old crane operator that threatened to leave if they forgot to
bring his Copenhagen on the next crew change.

My own theory is that many of these bad habits are the result of
boredom. In Iceland they may have found a cure.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...celand/513668/

--
Cheers,

John B.