Old August 22nd 17, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Obstructions

On Monday, August 21, 2017 at 10:01:07 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
On my 66km ride today, along the edge of the road I saw a python maybe 2
metres long, a bearded dragon lizard, an echidna and several wallabies.

One of the wallabies made me nervous that it was about to dart across
the road at me. I braked a little in anticipation, but it turned and
headed away from the road instead.

I once had a groundhog - or maybe a woodchuck* - run along beside me as I was
on a ~25 mph downhill. He'd come out from my right & turned parallel to me just
a foot or so from my path as I passed him. I was very worried he'd turn left
under my wheels, but he somehow gathered the sense to turn right again.

(* or maybe a whistle pig.)

- Frank Krygowski