Old August 23rd 17, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Obstructions

On 2017-08-21 22:54, James wrote:
On 22/08/17 13:34, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:01:01 +1000, James
wrote:

On my 66km ride today, along the edge of the road I saw a python
maybe 2
metres long, a bearded dragon lizard, an echidna and several wallabies.

One of the wallabies made me nervous that it was about to dart across
the road at me. I braked a little in anticipation, but it turned and
headed away from the road instead.

But no mountain lions ?

No. No broken chains fixed with rock and nail either. My rim brakes
worked fine too, and I didn't rip any big holes, or little holes in my
tyres.

Boringly event free!

Come here and ride the trails. The only thing that concerns me a bit are
rattlesnakes. Lately I encountered three. One I accidentally ran over
with the MTB, the other two I evaded. A big one was daring me which is
unusual behavior. The sneaky part is that many are no longer in the
habit of rattling to announce "intent to pounce".

I found the shed skin of a brown snake by our hot water service a couple
of weeks ago. I'll take your rattlers over our browns any day.

--
JS