Old June 13th 21, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Bikes and Riding

On 6/13/2021 1:00 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/13/2021 12:33 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/13/2021 10:44 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/12/2021 6:09 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 2:32:35 PM UTC-7, Frank
Krygowski wrote:
On 6/12/2021 12:56 PM, jbeattie wrote:
BTW, I don't like anything bigger than about 38mm
because they're sails, and I'm not riding TTs.
That final phrase is the most important, IME. Why is a
guy like Tom, in
his seventh decade, buying ever lighter, ever more aero
equipment?

As he describes things, he's doing almost entirely solo
rides. If he
finishes his ride three minutes earlier, he gets no
prize. And if he is
faster than last year because he bought new aero wheels,
he's not in
better shape.

Tome needs to stop trying to be the guy on the right
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wallbl...n/photostream/

and accept being the guy on the left.

Frank, when did I ever suggest to you how you should ride?
What would enter your mind that it was your business to
tell me how to ride?

Tom, if you don't want to discuss how you should ride, why
do you post here endlessly discussing your rides - how many
miles, how many feet you climbed, whether you felt faster or
slower, whether you had enough sleep, who passed you and who
you passed, etc.?

Do you not notice that nobody else does that more than
rarely?

Surely you don't do it because you think we're really
curious!

So maybe it's a subconscious desire for good advice.

Here it is again: Act your age. Quit trying to buy youth and
fitness. Slow down, look around, appreciate the scenery.

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Mahatma
Gandhi

Not really.
An inspiring 3 minute video, applicable to bicycles as
well as motorcycles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XXPGE0klmc

I like the video. I like the concept.

But those guys aren't racing, or trying for ever better ride
data. It looks like they're going out to see the world,
using their old motorcycles, which don't look to be
performance oriented. (That's no more than a 250cc bike at
https://youtu.be/2XXPGE0klmc?t=153 )

Tom isn't emulating those guys.

If those guys did it Tom-style, they each would have bought
one of these:
https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/top-ten/sports-bikes

In fact, I'm surprised Tom hasn't done that. He used to race
motorcycles.

The video impressed me yesterday.
I was being more tongue-in-cheek than philosophical.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/