Old June 14th 21, 11:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Default LA News today

Am 14.06.2021 um 01:57 schrieb Frank Krygowski:
On 6/13/2021 7:26 PM, sms wrote:
Â*I'd rather spend $40 million to provide 40,000 electric bicycles than
to use it build one mile of a light rail system. If we can subsidize
electric cars with tax credits we can be doing the same with electric
bicycles.

East of California and north of Tennessee, I think almost all electric
bikes would sit unused for at least four months of the year, no matter
the level of subsidy.

I was positively surprised how many bicyclists there were in Minneapolis
with temperatures around 10F /-10C (bike routes were snow free in the
mornings before the state roads) but probably it would feel a lot colder
on an Electric when you don't produce as much internal heat.