Old April 28th 05, 01:50 PM
Neal the Nerd

Default Frame mount bike stand

John,

I have an old bike with that very same clip, but let me give you a MUCH
easier way to accomplish the same task without adding an accessory to your
bike. I learned the trick from Roadbikerider.com. Lean your bike up
against a pole in the "crook" of the saddle (the part on the side where the
tongue becomes wider to accomodate your "sit" bones), then rotate one of the
pedals so that the peddle is up against the front part of the
pole (-"crook" of the saddle up against the back of the poll, peddle against
the front part of the pole). If the bike trys to roll forward, the wider
part of the saddle will hold the bike in place (the rear side part of the
saddle that you sit on.) if the bike tries to roll backward (towards the
tongue of the saddle) the peddle will stop the bike. Try it, it works, and
without the necessity of adding a component. -Or you can just carry a
bungee cord and run it thru the front and rear wheels. That'll do two
things. It'll keep the wheels from rolling, and also keep the front wheel
from turning.

Now, the hard part will be understanding what I've just typed (I had to play
with it awhile to get the knack of it).
"JohnC" wrote in message
Many years ago I purchased a frame mounted clip that attaches to the
bottom tube. It is about two inches long and when open, it locks against
the front tire essentially keeping the bike from rolling and acting as a
crude stand when the bike is resting against something.

Does anybody know where to purchase one of these? Are they available for
larger aluminum frame tubes?

Thanks
JohnC