Old March 26th 07, 07:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Tyre recommendations

Bean Long wrote:
Hi all,

There was a recent thread on Conti GP4000's and tyre blow-outs to which
I added my support for said tyre. I'd managed to ride over 4000 k's on
a tyre with a huge tear. However, last week I had two flats on my new
rear tyre (well 1600 k's old) and a mate of mine with the same tyres had
a side-wall blowout on his rear tyre of about the same age. We are now
looking to try alternatives to see if we can find a better road tyre.
Can anyone make any recommendations?

Right, for no other reason than "they feel nicer than
the other tires I've ridden", I recommend Michelin
ProRace 2. I've used Vittoria Rubino Pros (feel hard)
and GP 4000s (feel better than Rubinos) but for soft
road feel and confidence in cornering, I like the Michelins.
Can't say I've noticed any difference in puncture
resistance between those three.

I've also got a Conty Ultra Gatorskin on the front of one
of my bikes at the moment (cheaper than pro race or GP4000),
feels a bit nicer than the rubino pro but hard to tell.

Tyres a re so cheap from PBK I think I'll just get the
pro races from now on - they ride nice.

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.