Old March 21st 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

Default Going clipless

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
Since my Brooks saddle seems to permit me to pedal more powerfully, I
thought I might reinforce efficiency with positive location of my feet
on the full rotation of the pedal stroke.

Is this a good idea for someone who all his life has used platform
pedals?

Is there any reason, if I decide to go ahead, not to buy the Shimano
PD-M520 SPD pedals?

Would the PD-M424 dual platform/SPD pedals be a better choice for me?
Or the 324, which can take the SH56 cleats?

Should I order a set of SM-SH56 Multi-Release Cleats with whichever
pedals I decide on or are the Single-Release Cleats easy to learn to
use?

Thanks.

Andre Jute
Exploring ways and means

I use Shimano SPD pedals on my bikes, not sure of the exact model. Sidi Dom5
shoes, not sure of the exact model of cleats. I am never going back to
platform pedals. I only pull up occasionally. Mainly, I like being locked
into the pedals, especially in wet conditions. Your foot will not slip off
the pedal.

There is a bit of a learning curve with clipless pedals, but anyone with an
IQ 60 can figure it out.

J.