Old October 2nd 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

Default Help me to figure out ! Plus, share the insight of you with guys!

- is unicycle a kind of extreme sport? or it is not belonged to extreme
sport?
I would say that some unicyclists are doing an extreme sport. But
there's lots of us that just ride around on pavement and don't jump off
rocks and stuff like that. It's kind of like bicycling. People do
crazy stunts with bicycles, too, but most people just ride them around.

I saw several people are up 50 years old, but what is the real target
audience? is really easy to find the mates in my ages(I am 25 years
old)
Seems to me like most of the unicyclists are younger, typically high
school or college age.

- I am trying to buy one for my own, but I don't know anything about
the brand,
For just learning to ride around, practically any decent quality
unicycle will work. A Torker LX is a pretty good value for the money.
When you start jumping and getting rougher with it, then you'll want
something better with splined hubs instead of the cotterless hubs, and
that's when you get into more money. But you can get the Torker LX here
in the US for around $100 or so. A 20" is a good size for learning.

I really hope one day in the future I can have the same skill in
unicycling as kris Holm, (is it a dream?)
That depends on you. I've learned to ride around on a unicycle, but
it's obvious that I'll never do what some of these guys do. I still
enjoy it, though.

what is the insight of unicyclist?
I wanna travel the world by using different way (Like Kris Holm), so
that I am going to have one unicycle on my own!

Learn to ride around the block and get comfortable with it. You'll
then have a pretty good idea how fast you learn and what you want to do
with it.

--
StephenH