Old May 11th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

Default Safe to twist handlebars for storage?

"Kroma" wrote: (clip) is it safe for me to twist the handlebars like this
everytime I store the bike and then to realign the handlebar (all done
with an Allen key) ready for cycling? (clip)

One of my folding bikes uses this technique as part of the storage
procedure. To that end, they provide a lever in place of the Allen bolt.
This suggests to me that the procedure can be done many times without damage
or undue wear. You might even shop for a lever of this type to make things
less fussy.

As an alternative, how about removing the front wheel when you hang up the
bike. You do have a quick release on the front wheel, don't you? Or can
get one.