Old February 17th 11, 08:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

Default Bugger :(

Geoff Lock wrote:
On 17/02/2011 6:29 AM, John Henderson wrote:
Moike wrote:

I find I can often find a leak without water by running my hands very
lightly over the inflated tube. The air coming out of the hole makes a
hissing sound when there is a finger almost blocking the hole. Wetting
your hand with a little water from a drink bottle helps.

My technique is to pass the back of my hand over the inflated
tube - not touching, but as close as practicable. The tiny hairs
on the back of the hand are extremely sensitive, and you can
feel the air flow from even a very small hole.

Nah, doesn't work for me.

I must have very insensitive skin and hairs And forget the jokes
about the callouses

I think it only works once you've sensitised your skin by waxing and
wearing Lycra.

Until then, you could carry a collapsible bucket in your backpack.

Moike

Ducks and runs