Old October 19th 19, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Batech Soft Wheels

On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 2:43:46 PM UTC-4, Robert Cooper wrote:
Any experience with this type of “internal suspension” wheel?

https://batec-mobility.com/en/produc...heel-ow-wheels

No experience here. But I remember reading the biography of Major Taylor written
by Ritchie. After Taylor's retirement from racing, he tried several different
business ventures. One was marketing a somewhat similar sprung wheel for cars.
It went nowhere, and he died broke.

Extra weight, slack in pivoting joints, probably no reduction in unsprung weight,
etc. I'll be very surprised if it's an improvement.

But I tend to be skeptical of whiz-bang bike inventions.

- Frank Krygowski