Old September 22nd 05, 05:44 PM
Bill Patterson

Default Linear LWB, USS

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
wrote:

I've come across a Linear with "Um Num" on the frame. Anyone familiar
with this 'bent? Interested in knowing how old it is, what the cost
was new and approximate value in good condition today.

If you have not already, see http://129.79.22.9/linear/.

When I stopped at the U.S. Route 52 Mississippi overlook in Guttenberg,
Iowa, there was a holder with tourist brochures. In the brochure, it
stated that Guttenberg [1] was the home of Linear, "The World's Most
Comfortable Bicycle".

[1] Linear production has since been moved to New York State under
different ownership.

That's an interesting web site. I did in fact do a lot of stuff with my
LInear. I have been riding one for about 20 years, and we used it as a
test fixture in the bike design class. That's what the front fork with
the slot was for. We could move the wheel aft to change the control spring.

Great bike and comfortable with the suspension.

--
support free enterprise
oppose subsidized enterprise

corporate propaganda on tv is not news