Old December 21st 17, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Haymarket crash: Several injured as double-decker bus smashesinto cars in busy West End street

On Thu, 21 Dec 2017 06:53:20 -0000, Bod wrote:

I would like to know who arrived at the scene first.
The Ambulance, the car or the Cycle Responder?

I have never seen a cyclist capable of taking an injured person to
hospital.

I have never seen a motorbike that was capable of taking an injured
person to hospital but there are still motorbike paramedics.
https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-exp...3HZFQ4QC62GWTI

Bicycle ambulances are still in use in third world countries, they are
often trailered by a bicycle.

There are motorcycle ambulances and they have been used for at least a
hundred years, some capable of carrying two injured, they are usually
outfits (motorcycle with sidecar) some are more like tuk-tuks.

*
*
* Facts about the cycle response unit:

Cycle responders attend approximately 16,000 calls a year.
They resolve around 50 per cent of all incidents at the scene.
Their average response time to calls is six minutes.

http://www.londonambulance.nhs.uk/ca...responder.aspx

Are London drivers so rude they don't get out of the way of an ambulance
then?* An ambulance can go a lot faster than a bicycle, and has room for
a bed in the back and several people.

Have it your way. Argue with yourself.

--
Bod