Old August 19th 09, 04:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Neil Brooks

Default Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 18, 5:29*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Aug 18, 5:54*pm, Cully J wrote:

On Aug 18, 3:03*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:

Originally Posted by mr,grumpy
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than $3000 carbon fiber jobbies) are hobos and
DWIs, especialy a twenty year old schwinn MTB with a milk-crate trunk-
basket. I'm starting to feel persecuted. Even the cops give me a long
look over. On the flip-side I was driving through Boston and Cambridge
yesterday. WOW! Peddlebike Meca! All KINDS of bikes, every where with
all kinds of riders. I was all like...wow......."

***

It's the same down here, particularly when you carry panniers ("bags"
to the lay people). Actually I'm so pro about it that I don't know if
I look like a VIP hobo or eccentric millionaire. I like to consider
myself an ECCENTRIC PENNYLESS, but some people fail to get the
distinction between that an hobo, or between that and a millionaire.

I have even made a t-shirt that announces that in bold letters, so
there's no confusion.

"I'm an ECCENTRIC PENNYLESS"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do.

*http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Pretty soon gas will be a lot more expensive that people will think
that those of us who have been riding bikes are, the opposite of
"hobos", totally wealthy folks...- Hide quoted text -

I've been praying for that for a long time, but God seems to be on the
side of the polluters.

At the risk of asking silly questions, aren't you BOTH "Comandante
Banana" AND "King Of The Apes?"

Aren't you, then, arguing against yourself on this forum?

There's a pill for that, you know....