Old April 30th 18, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default how not to ride your mountain bike in the street.

On 2018-04-29 18:46, AMuzi wrote:
On 4/29/2018 8:21 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/29/2018 12:42 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/vid...y-nothing.html

At about 16 seconds his right foot leaves the pedal at the
same time his left foot suddenly swings down to the bottom.

I don't see a derailleur. I wonder if he had a hub gear that
shifted into a false neutral?

A chain snap would do that as well. BT.

Someone showed that to me at breakfast on a miniature screen. Now that
I've watched it on a big screen I don't think it's a mountain bike.

No, but as Frank said he slipped off the pedal. I believe he slipped off
the left pedal first and that percipitated the fall. He was trying to
pedal harder and may have partially gone out of the saddle. Possibly he
wasn't used to that mode of powering a bike and messed up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/