Old July 12th 03, 01:18 AM
Darin McGrew

Default Helmets for big round heads

nycvelo wrote:
I'm helping helmet-shop for a friend has a big head. Really. It's at
least 65+ mm around, and it is round, not oval, in shape.

I assume that you meant 65 cm. A circumference of 65 mm is about the size
of my index finger. A circumference of 65 cm is about the size of my head.

He complains that even XXL helmets are no good for him because they're
made for people with oval shaped heads.

Any recommendations on big round bike helmets?

BTDTGTTS

All I can suggest is that your friend find a store that carries a wide
variety of helmets that he can try on. Then try on helmets until he finds
one that fits.

If he finds one that almost--but not quite--fits, then it's worth trying on
another helmet of the same model. Sometimes there's enough variation from
helmet to helmet that one will fit even though another doesn't.

A couple years ago, I found a Bell Zodiac 2 (size M/L) that fit me. But
that probably won't help your friend since I'm sure the helmets available
today are different.
--
Darin McGrew, , http://www.rahul.net/mcgrew/
Web Design Group, , http://www.HTMLHelp.com/

"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance."