Old December 5th 18, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Danger from CF rims

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 14:02:08 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Contrary to your practice I am not on this group 24 hours a day. I have a brother that just had congestive heart failure and that has a little higher priority than some jackass that believes that some company making 100 wheels a month is equal to millions made in China most of which work perfectly well.

Firstly you pretend that "most" means "all" and then you pretend that a 5 year warranty is in some manner worth more than the 2 year warranty that the company I dealt with has, when these failures didn't occur with use but upon assembly. Then you have shown NO TRACK record for your American company. Furthermore, the American wheels are built as heavily as the ones with aluminum rims and carbon fairings. So there is no gain for using solid carbon wheels.

Then on top of all of this you're too stupid to understand that rthe tubeless rims have far more surface area in the critical bead area and hence are exposed to far more force and you in so doing show you don't know what the Bernoulli principle means.

This is what I say by patently false. The ball is in your court.

I can only believe that you must be either a recent immigrant or
someone with a very minimal knowledge of the English language, so for
your edification:

From the dictionary:
Patently - unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for
`plainly')
Wrong - not correct

So I repeat (in more simple terms)
"plainly incorrect"? Which ones are those? The one about carbon
rims being made in the U.S.? With a 5 year Warrantee?

cheers,

John B.