Old March 13th 05, 07:04 PM
jj

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:12:02 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

jj wrote:

I've been taking antibiotics (Cephalexin, 500mg also called Keflin) for the
past 5 days for a minor infection. On the second full day on them I ended
up cutting two minor hills off my route. On the third day on them I posted
the worst ride of the year, cutting my mileage in 1/2 and since then I've
only been able to cruise on the flats at reduced mileage.

I don't feel any systemic loss of energy, my motivation, though not great
is unremarkable. The legs feel just a touch of achyness which is not the
usual - even after the tougher rides (for me) my legs usually never hurt.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a loss of power from taking
this type (or any type) of antibiotics? I didn't find anything on google.

It could be the result of the extra stress the infection is putting on
your body.

Thanks for the input, Tom. I don't think this is the case. I had the
infection for about three days (it occurred on a Friday, late - isn't that
always the way? g). During those three days I rode as hard as usual and
had no problems. It was particularly bad on Sat and Sun and had no effect
on my riding.

I'll be sure to ask the doc on Monday if the Keflex can have that effect
when I have my last followup, b/c the infection is almost completely
resolved.

I finish the course of antibiotic on Thursday, so if my riding stays below
par and then picks up strongly next Sat or Sun, I think I'll have the
answer.

Appreciate the comment, though. Thanks!

jj