Old March 14th 05, 03:36 AM
RonSonic

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:22:02 -0500, jj wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:58:11 GMT, RonSonic
wrote:

Look I'm just ribbing you with the "SICK" thing, but there's more than a little
truth to it. I mean what do you expect, you got a disease and you're taking a
powerful antibiotic (just check the powerful price) that is capable of taking
out anthrax and the bubonic plague and you're surprised that you're legs aren't
quite sharp?!?!

Give yourself a break.

Ron

OK, ok... ;-)

I'm just saying that during the worst part of the infection (last Fri.,
Sat. and Sun.) I was riding with my usual exhuberance. So, even though I
get your drift, I don't think it's the illness so much as some side effect
from the antibiotic.

Could be. Could be you were running on reserves that are now depleted. In any
event I don't think you are going to be hurt by this in any long term way.

Today's ride was a little better. I was able to spin up and sprint three or
four times, but was still pushing an easier gear than usual.

I guess what I'm hoping is that it's not my age catching up with me or my
conditioning - thing is I've been doing so well up to this point and was
hoping or expecting my breakthrough of 2/20/05 to continue. Had been seeing
steady improvement from 2/09, fairly strong serial improvement on 2/20
through 2/22, each day being progressively stronger.

Then suddenly as of 3/09 started seeing a serious slump that lasted until
today. This co-incided with the starting of the antibiotic on 3/07.
Motivation was fine (unlike when I'm really sick), but surprisingly, legs
were just not there.

I'd say relax and recover and get back on form once you're well. Don't know what
sort of training cycle you're on, but I'd chalk this up as an easy week, even if
it means having an extra one, and then get back on the rivet. Sickness,
antibiotics and stress can all take something out of you and seeing how you're
pretty well there with all three it's probably a better time for a recovery
phase than an overload phase.

Ron