Old January 8th 18, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default tire sizes

Tosspot wrote:

Turning the place into a DIY shop was the
best thing I ever did! Surprisingly, as it
was never "closed" and there were always
tons of goofballs working on their wierd
projects. But now, the enthusiasm and
atmosphere is much better! Or maybe I'm
reading into this? Well, now my next idea is
to print small posters which will illustrate
key aspects.

Threads. I *always* have to do a double check
on which threads are LH/RH wrt to
pedals/bottom brackets. You probably have to
run up you're own poster, but text would be
fine. It'd save a lot of jammed BBs imho.

Does that differ on road bikes?

Because what I remember it is always the same?
LH on the left side pedal, LH on the BB
nut/ring which is also on the left side, and
the right pedal RH as per usual?

Put the bike upside down, string/block the
crank, put the wrench vertically facing up,
pull against the front wheel with the wrench in
a pipe - same on both pedals?

Also one can think of the pedals, to
disassemble (remove), pull the way you don't
pedal when riding the bike.

I heard there is an English version of this
(which is supposedly French) and on the
English, everything is RH. As for me, so far
I have only seen the above (French) scenario...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573