Old November 2nd 04, 01:17 AM
Zilla

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2004-11-01, MattB penned:

[snip]

I also looked into Avid Mechanicals, and could have just as easily
gone that route for the brakes. I've always heard good things about
them, but the timing was just right for the tricked out Marta SLs. I
also know some people who are pretty happy with Shimano discs (LX,
XT, XTR) so I wouldn't discount those in your search either, since
it sounds like you may need new wheels anyway.

The bike I got this summer came with avid mechs, and they've treated
me well. I always take my wheel off between rides, so I did learn
that they will rub if you don't put them in just right.

(snip)

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

To help you put your wheels on "just right", try the following...
- Set the bike on its wheels, with the QRs disengaged
- Push down on the handlebars (for front) or the seat (for rear)
- While pushing down, lock the appropriate QR

Works for me all the time.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC