Old June 6th 17, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Oops

On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 10:26:51 +0700, John B.
wrote:

My wife does do-rags as part of a normal dress making session. Use the
remnants. Patterns made years ago. Whatever thread is in the
machine...

Now is a fine time to think of it -- I could have borrowed Dave's
black cotton do-rag, which is the one I copied to make my white linen
do-rag.

A few years back, he needed soft cotton scalp covers, so I downloaded
do-rag patterns, drafted a pattern I thought would fit, and tweaked
the fit after each one. When I decided that I needed less scarf in
hot weather, I tried them all on, and made mine by the pattern for the
one that fit me. I am rather surprised that it's the one with the
highest crown, since his head is much larger than mine. But I need to
cover my ears, and he doesn't.

I enjoyed making a white linen do-rag; it felt so dainty, like an
eighteenth-century cap, even though I made it entirely by machine.
(Eighth-inch (3 mm) seams will do that.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net